[Dovecot] Configuring for virtual users in Postfix

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 3 18:54:10 EEST 2009

On Sat, 03 Oct 2009 11:23:50 -0400
Charles Marcus <CMarcus at Media-Brokers.com> wrote:

> On 10/3/2009, Jerry (gesbbb at yahoo.com) wrote:
> > However, Postfix does not recognize the
> > dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1 setting.
>
> What do you mean it does not recognize it?
>
> If you mean it doesn't show up in output of postconf -n, thats normal
> (though irritating). Here's a quote from Wietse about this in response
> to someone else's question about the same thing:
>
> "The postconf command does not read master.cf, therefore parameters
> such as "transport"_destination_recipient_limit parameters usually
> don't appear in postconf output."
>
> > There is a "virtual_destination_recipient_limit =" setting in
> > Postfix. Is that the setting that I should tweak?
>
> No... is something not working right?

I am not sure yet. I am still configuring Dovecot. I have just started
using Virtual users/domains in Postfix and now want to incorporate
Dovecot into the mix.

I did just Googled around and found out about the
dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1 setting though.

I am just about to start up a test box to try everything out. I have
one more question. Will Dovecot create the directory structure or do I
have to create it myself.

EXAMPLE:

maildir directory: /var/mail/vhost/<domain>/<user>/{cur,new,tmp}

If just the "/var/mail/vhost" structure exists, will Dovecot complete
the directory structure?

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

They are relatively good but absolutely terrible.

	Alan Kay, commenting on Apollos