[Dovecot] status & use-case of fts_solr?

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev+dovecot at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 07:41:33 EEST 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 7:21 PM, Patrick Nagel
<patrick.nagel at star-group.net> wrote:
> Cross-referencing
> http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2009-September/042904.html
>
> So when you have a huge amount of folders (like we do... there are users
> with >10000 folders), Solr could have a big advantage through the single

thanks for the reference.  i clearly need to try both & see. looking,
atm, for a comprehensivce list of MUAs that can search squat vs solr

if, in fact, solr's the better performance solution, i hope that the
IMAP compliance might, somehow, get addressed -- either from the
Dovecot side, the MUAs, or both.