[Dovecot] status & use-case of fts_solr?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Oct 10 23:49:58 EEST 2009

On Oct 10, 2009, at 12:41 AM, PGNet Dev wrote:

> if, in fact, solr's the better performance solution, i hope that the
> IMAP compliance might, somehow, get addressed -- either from the
> Dovecot side, the MUAs, or both.

The lack of IMAP compliance isn't really as serious as you seem to
think. Almost all MUAs work just fine with the lack of it. GMail's
IMAP search is also not IMAP compliant. Several other servers' search
is neither. Apparently there are some little used MUAs (or users) that
really want the substring searching to work, but I doubt you'll
actually find any such users.