[Dovecot] @2.0, autocreate fails. "Permission lookup failed"?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 12 22:49:03 EEST 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-10 at 22:06 -0700, PGNet Dev wrote:
> with similar confs in v1.2, autocreate works as expected, creating all
> subdirs correctly.
>
> in v2.0, @ imap login (with TBird, atm), only Trash folder is created,
> but nothing else,

I think you're missing autocreate from mail_plugins setting. And Trash
is probably created by your client.

> Oct 10 22:01:11 IMAP(testuser at my.domain.com): Info: Namespace :
> Permission lookup failed from
> /data/mail/Domains/my.domain.com/Accounts/testuser/Trash

This message could perhaps be improved.. It anyway means that Dovecot
wanted to find out what permissions to use for Trash mailbox, but the
Trash directory didn't yet exist so..

> Oct 10 22:01:11 IMAP(testuser at my.domain.com): Info: Namespace : Using
> permissions from /data/mail/Domains/my.domain.com/Accounts/testuser:
> mode=0700 gid=-1

It fallbacked to using the default permissions from "testuser"
directory.