[Dovecot] @2.0, autocreate fails. "Permission lookup failed"?

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev+dovecot at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 23:41:49 EEST 2009

hi,

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> I think you're missing autocreate from mail_plugins setting.

Right place to look, it turns out.

Turns out that the encoding on imap.conf had been -- somoehow --
switched to Windows Latin.  Odd, as I have no Win boxes around.
Anyway, no errors were fired, but something in the line-endings
difference caused either the mail_plugins setting, or the whole
imap.conf file, to not parse correctly.

Switched back to UTF encoding, & all's well.

> And Trash is probably created by your client.

You're correct.  Didn't realize that it did so ...

>> Oct 10 22:01:11 IMAP(testuser at my.domain.com): Info: Namespace :
>> Permission lookup failed from
>> /data/mail/Domains/my.domain.com/Accounts/testuser/Trash
>
> This message could perhaps be improved.. It anyway means that Dovecot
> wanted to find out what permissions to use for Trash mailbox, but the
> Trash directory didn't yet exist so..
>
>> Oct 10 22:01:11 IMAP(testuser at my.domain.com): Info: Namespace : Using
>> permissions from /data/mail/Domains/my.domain.com/Accounts/testuser:
>> mode=0700 gid=-1
>
> It fallbacked to using the default permissions from "testuser" directory.

Thanks for clearing that up. Still, the Trash directory _did_ exist --
created, as you pointed out, by my client.  Once I get stuff cleaned
up here, I'll check all this again ...

Thanks.