[Dovecot] Internal server

Fri Oct 16 13:54:27 EEST 2009

On 10/16/2009, Guy (wyldfury at gmail.com) wrote:
> I'm interested in trying out mdbox, but since I'd have to use dovecot 2.0
> with it I thought I'd just check what peoples' experience with 2.0 is like
> so far? Is it reasonably stable already?

Timo only just released alpha1 a few days ago. He did say that he was
considering switching to using it for his own, but he isn't yet.

Maybe that helps you decide? Personally, I couldn't even consider it, my
skills just aren't that good, but if you're skilled enough to deal with
the potential issues you'll run into running alpha s/w (including
possible data corruption with the new mdbox format), I'm sure Timo would
love the feedback he would get. The more people that start using it, the
faster he can stress test new features and find and fix any bugs.

--

Best regards,

Charles