[Dovecot] HA Dovecot Config?

Steve steeeeeveee at gmx.net
Wed Oct 21 16:58:40 EEST 2009

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 07:42:14 -0500
> Von: "Rick Romero" <rick at havokmon.com>
> CC: dovecot at dovecot.org
> Betreff: Re: [Dovecot] HA Dovecot Config?

> Quoting "Seth Mattinen" <sethm at rollernet.us>:
>
> > Eric Rostetter wrote:
> >>
> >> For IMAP to be truely HA, you will need shared storage of some sort.
> >>

> >> You can "emulate" a SAN with something like DRBD if budget doesn't
> allow a
> >> real SAN (that is what I do).
> >>

> > I can vouch for DRBD too. It works quite well.
> >
> > ~Seth
> >

> Anyone used FileReplicationPro?   I'm more interested in low
> bandwidth, 'cheaper', replication.

I have never used FileReplicationPro but looking at what it offers it reminds me of GlusterFS. I use GlusterFS for all www data of the domains I host. I don't use jet GlusterFS for IMAP/POP storage for all domains I host. Only a small subset of the domains I host have GlusterFS for IMAP/POP but so far it works without issues and I will soon or later migrate the other domains to be on GlusterFS as well.

The setup of GlusterFS is ultra easy (compared to other clustering FS solution I have seen) and it offers some very nice functions.

In the past I have burned my fingers with older GlusterFS releases when I have tried to use it as storage for IMAP/POP but the later 2.0.x releases of GlusterFS are more stable.

> Rick

Steve
--
Neu: GMX DSL bis 50.000 kBit/s und 200,- Euro Startguthaben!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02