[Dovecot] 1.1 Quota Question

Marty Anstey marty.anstey at sunwave.net
Fri Oct 23 02:16:16 EEST 2009

Hi,
I'm not sure if this question has been asked before but some googling
hasn't turned up anything really relevant.

We are currently running Dovecot 1.1.16 & Postfix; maildir++.

When a message arrives for a mailbox which is over quota, it is bounced.
Obviously, this isn't very desirable; the primary downside to this is
that when junk mail hits a full mailbox it's bounced to that recipient
of the message. On a busy mail system, that could potentially get us
blacklisted pretty quickly. Ideally we would like to reject the messages
inline. Is there an easy way to set this up?

Thanks,
Marty