[Dovecot] dot-containing foldernames \HasNoChildren bug ?

Samuel Kvasnica bugreports at list.ims.co.at
Sat Aug 7 18:36:48 EEST 2010

 Hi Timo,

in addition to my last message regarding public folders I did some more
testing on the shared folder issue.

It seems like there are 2 separate issues, both related to misbehaving
LSUB command but different.

For a shared folder a command like e.g.:

, lsub "" "Shared/dot.user/dot_share"

will return nothing, even if this folder is subscribed because
list_escape (out of some strange reason) gets an empty prefix and
wrongly escapes the user name dot.user to dot\2euser.

For the LIST command on other hand it works, because it first fails with
zero prefix but then all namespaces are probed which
will succeed for prefix "Shared/dot.user". The difference seems to be
the condition in cmd-list.c, list_namespace_init()
testing for some subscription flags.

Could you give some hint, whether a quick workaround is possible ? I
have a feeling the listescape plugin is implemented at wrong place,
somewhere directly above the storage stuff or as an virtual storage
interface would be cleaner ?

regards,

Sam