[Dovecot] [DC2.x ]pop3-login seg faults when compiled with gcc 4.5.2 and gold

interfaSys sàrl interfasys at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 18:52:04 EEST 2010

 Hello,
On FreeBSD, Dovecot 2.0.1 compiles fine with gcc45 and the other
services have no problem, but even without any optimizations (CFLAGS) at
all, pop3-login seg faults when a user tries to connect to Dovecot using
POP3.

As this is not the only application that has a problem with the latest
version of gcc (mod_php), there may be nothing that can be done on the
Dovecot side, but I thought I would mention it, in case it was due to
some bug in the pop3-login code.

Cheers,

Olivier