[Dovecot] LMTP-Server: missing headers

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Mon Feb 1 18:55:54 EET 2010

On 02/01/2010 05:37 PM Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 2010-02-01 11:32 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
>> On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 17:24 +0100, Pascal Volk wrote:
>>> What about a X-Original-To header?
>> Is that any different from Delivered-To?

It's a X-$WHATEVER-header.
As mentioned by Nicolas: Postfix uses the Delivered-To header for for
mail delivery loop detection.

Could you know which funny sieve/.forward files users place on a mail
system? ;-)

> Dunno if it is different, but I like having the X-Original-To header -
> it lets me see that the message was originally was to an alias (when it
> was).

Yeah, the X-Original-To header is prepended to the headers. So the user
can see it if she/he looks into the mail headers.
This info may also be available in a "Received: from …for <recipient> …"
header.

If the X-Original-To header was prepended, users do not have to update
their sieve rules, when the admin updates to Dovecot v2.0.0 with lmpt.

Sieve envelope:
I'm using it, since I'm using Dovecot v2.0.alpha?
It's just one require argument more.

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: cafebabe.1003217 at localdomain.org