[Dovecot] Converting layouts

Luciano Mannucci luciano at vespaperitivo.it
Tue Feb 9 12:54:56 EET 2010

Hello,

I'm using dovecot 1.2.10 with mbox format (which implies layout=fs)
and I would like to switch to maildir++ layout without changing format
in order to implement subfolders for IMAP users. I understand that I
should move the INDEX location to avoid some namespace conflict (it
would be a good idea anyway: I'll move them on another disc :).

Now I have

mail_location = mbox:/var/spool/mailboxes/%u:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u

in my /etc/dovecot.conf. I think it should become somethink like

mail_location=mbox:/var/spool/mailboxes/%u:LAYOUT=Maildir++:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u:INDEX=/var/dovecot_indexes

I'll have to rename folders for IMAP users, right?
Is there some script that does just that?
Some other needed black magic for .subscriptions?

Thanks to all in advance,

Luciano.
--
 /"\                         /Via A. Salaino, 7 - 20144 Milano (Italy)
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250