[Dovecot] OT: best linux imap client for dovecot

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Feb 18 17:45:21 EET 2010

Hi,

I'm a long term dovecot user, packager and believer, but on the other
side of the wire I've been a mutt user for longer than I can think.

Which modern email client under Linux is working best with dovecot? I
just did a grep on User-Agent:/X-Mailer: on my dovecot archive (which
goes back to 2004) and found that the top ten are:

28% Thunderbird
25% Evolution
 9% Apple Mail
 9% Mutt
 5% Mozilla
 3% KMail
 2% Outlook
 2% SquirrelMail
 1% Alpine
 1% Mulberry

So it looks like most Linux people here like to use Thunderbird and
Evolution.

This is not a my-email-client-is-better-than-your-email-client thread,
I just want to know which client(s) make proper use of imap features
for fast searches/copies/deletions etc.

Thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net