[Dovecot] OT: best linux imap client for dovecot

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 18 17:50:26 EET 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 17:45 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Which modern email client under Linux is working best with dovecot? I
> just did a grep on User-Agent:/X-Mailer: on my dovecot archive (which
> goes back to 2004) and found that the top ten are:
>
> 28% Thunderbird
> 25% Evolution
>  9% Apple Mail

I wouldn't be surprised if >90% of Evolution and Apple mail mails came
from me. :)

> This is not a my-email-client-is-better-than-your-email-client thread,
> I just want to know which client(s) make proper use of imap features
> for fast searches/copies/deletions etc.

I think they all suck. If I ever have too much time on my hands, I might
try to continue http://trojita.flaska.net/. Its design looks good, but
unfortunately it's nowhere near being actually usable and its
development seems dead.