[Dovecot] Regarding: **OFF LIST** subject declaration

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 24 21:39:21 EET 2010

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:10:40 -0500
Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> articulated:

> On Feb 24, 2010, at 2:06 PM, Jerry wrote:
> > Seriously, I just have to ask this question. Why mark via the
> > subject line a message as "OFF LIST" and then send it via the
> > normal list framework. Doing so only insures that the message is
> > actually "ON LIST" irregardless of what nomenclature is used in the
> > subject line. If
> > a message is truly supposed to be "OFF LIST", then why not send it
> > directly to its intended recipient(s)? If, on the other hand, it is
> > meant for general review by the groups members, then why mark it
> > "OFF LIST" to begin with?
>
>    Um, wow.  Like you've never intended to send someone an off-list
> message, got finished typing it, then forgot to change the To: line?

Not that I am aware of and why would I put a declaration like that in
the subject line if I was sending it directly to its intended
recipient? In any case, I certainly would not follow it up with an "ON
LIST" declaration. Admit it, it does seem rather absurd.

In any case, it makes no difference to me. I was just curious.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

Standing on head makes smile of frown, but rest of face also upside
down.