[Dovecot] Thinderbird+delete+move to Trash folder

Lex Brugman lex.brugman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 01:01:44 EET 2010

(as a reply to your mail)

I'm not subscribed to the mailing list, but I just read your thread
regarding this plugin.

It seems to me that the Shift-Delete function you are referring to
in Thunderbird just bypasses the built-in move-to-trash-on-delete
function, but on the server-side is identical to any other regular
delete action (flag the message as deleted, followed by an expunge
later on, probably after closing the mail client) and is thus copied
to the trash folder by my plugin.

I can't think of anything to distinguish this behavior from a normal
delete action by any other mail client and using Shift-Delete in
Thunderbird (server-side), if you know one, please let me know and I
will try to implement it.

Greetings,
Lex Brugman