[Dovecot] Upgrade path questions

Thomas M Goerger tmg at umn.edu
Wed Jan 13 22:14:42 EET 2010

Hi,

We are currently running Dovecot v1.1.6 on our servers, and are
contemplating an upgrade to 1.2, or 2.0 soon.  We are wondering how many
organizations are still running a 1.1 version of Dovecot, and if anyone
has any thoughts on this transition.  Have you upgraded from 1.1 to 1.2?
What are your experiences with this?  Have you upgraded from 1.1 to 2.0
directly?  What are your experiences this way?  We are also running an
environment with both mbox and maildir formats.  How many of you are
running similarly, or are running solely maildir or mbox?  We're just
looking to gather information going forward, and anything you might be
able to contribute would be very helpful.

Thanks!

* Tom Goerger  -  Email/Unix System Administrator 			*
* University of Minnesota		       Email:  tmg at umn.edu	*
* Operations, Infrastructure and Architecture  Phone:  4-5804		*
* Internet Services			       Office: 626J WBOB	*