[Dovecot] LSUB output format != LIST output format

Martin nakal at web.de
Sun Jan 31 17:16:13 EET 2010

Am Sun, 31 Jan 2010 16:16:49 +0200
schrieb Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:

> On Sun, 2010-01-31 at 15:04 +0100, Martin wrote:
> > * LSUB () "." "INBOX.FreeBSD."
> ..
> > The folder name here does not have the dot at the end? Why is this
> > happening? The RFC says the output should not differ, as far as I
> > understood it.
>
> It means your subscriptions file for some reason contains
> "INBOX.FreeBSD." line. I don't know how that could have happened,
> because Dovecot doesn't allow subscribing to it via IMAP:
>
> a subscribe INBOX.FreeBSD.
> a NO Invalid mailbox name: INBOX.FreeBSD.
>
> Anyway, solution is to just fix it by editing the subscriptions file.

Thank you very much. I removed the dot from the subscriptions file and
it works now. I have no idea how it got there. I'm sure I did not edit
it before.

Btw:

. subscribe INBOX.FreeBSD.
. OK Subscribe completed.

But the subscription file shows an entry without a dot, even after
unsubscribe and a fresh subscribe. Just wanted to mention it.

--
Martin Sugioarto