[Dovecot] Dinamic 'mail_location' for each user

Thiago Henrique thiagoh at digirati.com.br
Thu Jul 15 17:29:49 EEST 2010

Hello,

I have a lot of domains in a mail server, so I make a balanced
allocation of mailboxes in the storage disks. That improves performance
of access to records. Therefore, I want to overwrite 'mail_location'
directive for each user. But I also want to use the modifier 'H' to
spray the mailboxes of the same partition in a hash.

Then, each user has your own 'mail_location' that I would like load from
database. Like this:

mdbox:/var/spool/imap/partition1/%256HRu/%u:INDEX=/var/lib/imap/user/%
256HRu/%u

partition1 is in range [partition1 .. partiton7]

In my tests the '%256HRu/%u' kind of 'mail_location' is not being
interpreted by Dovecot.

 Can Dovecot to interpret 'mail_location' load from database ?

Thank you.
--
[]'s
Thiago Henrique