[Dovecot] Doveadm director flush/remove

Brad Davidson brandond at uoregon.edu
Fri Jul 16 00:00:48 EEST 2010

Timo,

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Timo Sirainen [mailto:tss at iki.fi]
>
> See what it says in logs.

It times out after a minute:

[root at cc-popmap7 ~]# time doveadm director map
doveadm(root): Error: User listing returned failure
doveadm(root): Error: user listing failed

real    1m0.028s
user    0m0.088s
sys     0m0.072s

Jul 15 13:46:24 cc-popmap7 dovecot: auth: Error: auth worker: Aborted request: Lookup timed out
Jul 15 13:53:25 cc-popmap7 dovecot: auth: Error: getpwent() failed: No such file or directory

> Are you using userdb passwd or userdb ldap? With userdb ldap you need to
> configure iterate_attrs and iterate_filter in your LDAP config. With
> passwd I think it should work directly..

userdb passwd. Our LDAP directory might not be optimally configured. The group that administers it only really cares about binds, iteration can be rather slow:

[root at cc-popmap7 ~]# time getent passwd | wc -l
51552

real    8m0.120s
user    0m2.507s
sys     0m1.093s

That comes out to just over 100 entries a second.

-Brad