[Dovecot] Dovecot aspects of fighting spam

Frank Elsner frank at moltke28.B.Shuttle.DE
Tue Jun 1 17:21:35 EEST 2010

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:02:56 -0400 Phil Howard wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 09:54, Frank Elsner <frank at moltke28.b.shuttle.de> wrote:
> > On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 09:42:18 -0400 Phil Howard wrote:
> >> I see no documents in the Dovecot documents wiki on how Dovecot
> >> features can be used in the fight against spam.  One hit came up in a
> >> search, and it was about how to fight spam in the MoinMoin Wiki itself
> >> (e.g. TextCHAs and such).
> >
> > Fighting against SPAM is the MTA's job.
> > Dovecot's job is to provide access to the mailboxes for the users.
>
> Dovecot would still be involved ... getting detected spam into a
> folder for users that don't want false positives to be deleted, and a
> feedback folder for recycling false negatives into detection training.

Ok, you obviously have a different environment and requirements.

- I do the delivery into special folder by the MTA (exim) and the LDA is
  not used at all.

- detection training is not done.

Sorry, my world may be to narrow :-)

--Frank Elsner