[Dovecot] Postfix, MySQL, Dovecot LDA and alias domains

Tue Jun 22 17:38:26 EEST 2010

On 2010-06-22 8:30 AM, Lampa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> you must combine 2 queries (first for real domain, second for aliased
> domain), see my user_query

I sure hope you're wrong about that... I haven't had any dovecot
installations where I'm using aliased domains yet, but this sounds
ridiculous to me. What if there were 3 aliased domain? 10?

My understanding is alias expansion should happen at the MTA, so when
the message is handed to the LDA for delivery, it should be delivering
to the final destination, not the original alias.

So, just adding the correct virtual_alias_domain and virtual_alias_maps
should be all that is necessary, right?

--

Best regards,

Charles