[Dovecot] dovecot 2.0.beta6 dies when I try to delete a folder with thunderbird

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jun 30 23:28:31 EEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 21:57 +0200, Sven Kirmess wrote:
> $ openssl s_client -connect localhost:993 -crlf
>

> 1 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
> SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT
> IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE
> QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS]
> Logged in
> b list "Trash" *
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Trash"
> b OK List completed.
> c list "test2" *
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "test2"
> c OK List completed.
> d rename "test2" "Trash/test2"
> closed

Works with me.

> I get this message in syslog:
>
> core not dumped - set drop_priv_before_exec=yes
>
> And when I set drop_priv_before_exec=yes in dovecot.conf I get this:
>
> doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file
> /etc/opt/dovecot/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 86: Unknown setting:
> drop_priv_before_exec

Yeah, it doesn't specify that it should be inside service imap {}
section.

> Following http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html I set
> mail_drop_priv_before_exec=yes in dovecot.conf and get:
>
> doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in
> /etc/opt/dovecot/dovecot/dovecot.conf:86: mail_drop_priv_before_exec
> has been replaced by service { drop_priv_before_exec }
> doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file
> /etc/opt/dovecot/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 86: Unknown setting:
> drop_priv_before_exec

I don't understand why some people get this error. I haven't been able
to reproduce it.

Anyway, there's an easy way now that you can easily reproduce it:

1. openssl s_client ..
2. login
3. gdb -p `pidof imap`
cont
4. make it crash
5. gdb should now have stopped, and you can give "bt" command.