[Dovecot] A dovecot book ?

Carsten Laun-De Lellis carsten.delellis at delellis.net
Wed Mar 3 12:57:35 EET 2010

Am 03.03.2010 11:39, schrieb Stan Hoeppner:
> Carsten Laun-De Lellis put forth on 3/3/2010 4:09 AM:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> I am using dovecot at home for privat use and i found a lot of
>> documentation here on the web. But you know, i am an old fashion guy and
>> i like books. Is there a book on the market that will help me with
>> understanding dovecot more and the configuration options ?
>>
> This book apparently covers some of Dovecot:
> http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Open-Source-Mail-Enterprise/dp/159059598X
>
> It's geared toward building a complete mail server solution, so it's not
> dedicated to Dovecot.  How much of Dovecot it covers I don't know, as I've
> not read it.
>
> It was apparently published in Sept 2006, 3.5 years ago.  Standard caution
> applies:  some/much of the technical information may now be incorrect as
> things have changed in the software over the 4+ year period since the author
> put pen to paper, so to speak.
>
> This is the most recent book I could find that covers a little bit of
> Dovecot.  There doesn't appear to be a "Book of Dovecot".  Dovecot is
> covered a bit in The Book of Postfix, but it was published in 2005, so it
> will be even farther out of date.
>
> The book linked above may be worth the read for general architectural setup.

Thank you for your quick reply. I already have two postfix books one
published in 2007 another one in 2009. Both covers dovecot in examples
how to set up a mail server for enterprises, but this is not what i am
looking for. I am looking for an equivalent to the courier and cyrus
books on the market.

But again thank you for your reply.

Regards,
Carsten

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß

Carsten Laun-De Lellis
Dipl.-Ing. Elektrotechnik
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)

Hauptstrasse 13
D-67705 Trippstadt

Phone: +49 (6306) 992140
Mobile: +49 (151) 27530865