[Dovecot] IMAP proxy configuration

mailing at securitylabs.it mailing at securitylabs.it
Thu Mar 11 14:53:18 EET 2010

On 11/03/2010 13:27, Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:

[cut]

> # Get the password
> password_query = select endereco as user, password,
> '/var/spool/mail/%u' as userdb_home, 'maildir:/var/spool/mail/%u' as
> userdb_mail, 8 as userdb_uid, 12 as userdb_gid, concat('*:storage=',
> quota) as userdb_quota_rule, 'Trash:storage=100M' as
> userdb_quota_rule2 from emails where endereco = '%u' and ativa = '1'
> [root at correio dovecot]#
>

>     i've read several docs about configuring proxy on dovecot but all
> of them says about proxying specific users .... i'm interested on
> proxying some domains. I couldnt find a way to configure that nor some
> howto similar to that.
>
>     could anyone point me some documentation on configuring dovecot as
> IMAP/POP3 proxy for a full domain and not specific users ?

Just insert a column in the MySQL table with the host relative to the
domain. This is my configuration on the proxy:

password_query = SELECT users.clear AS password, domains.host,
'%u*proxy' AS destuser, 'proxy' AS pass, 'Y' AS proxy FROM users,domains
WHERE users.username = '%u' AND users.enabled = '1' AND domains.domain =
'%d'

In the table "domains" I have a column "domain" with the list of domains
I want to proxy, and a column "host" with the IPof the pop/imap server.