[Dovecot] how quotas works with postfix and dovecot

Wilberth Pérez wilberth.perez at uady.mx
Fri Mar 12 20:47:25 EET 2010

Hi everybody

any one knows, how i could edit dovecot to assign user quotas ?

I have now configured my dovecot.conf on this way:

protocol imap  {
                 listen = *:143
                 mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
                }

protocol pop3  {
                 listen = *:110
                 mail_plugins = quota
                }

plugin {

quota = fs:INBOX:mount=/
quota_warning = storage=95%% /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh 95

}

however when a test my quota:

quota -v user1

Disk quotas for user1 (uid 107):
Filesystem *usage* *quota*  limit    timeleft  files  quota  limit
timeleft
/var/mail      16911  10240  20480 NOT STARTED     49   1000   1500

  dovecot or postfix (i don't know who really should sendme the
messsage) never sendme an quota warning

someone knows what happen ?

LCC Wilberth de Jesús Pérez Segura CCSA- Administración de Servicios y Seguridad de las TI
Correo:wilberth.perez at uady.mx
Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán
Secretaría General
Coordinación Administrativa de Tecnologías de Información
RIUADY
C-59 x Av. Itzáes (999)923-74-28 Ext. 1117
Mérida, Yucatán, México 2010

LCC Wilberth de Jesús Pérez Segura CCSA- Administración de Servicios y Seguridad de las TI