[Dovecot] CentOS yum update causing died unexpectedly

dovecot at corwyn.net dovecot at corwyn.net
Fri Mar 26 15:08:31 EET 2010

Running CentOS 5.x running a postfix/dovecot implementation.  Dovecot 1.1.8.

I just ran a full system update in my dev environment, and now I'm
occasionally getting:
Mar 26 07:15:43 example dovecot: auth(default):
worker-server(test222 at int.example.com,127.0.0.1): Aborted: Worker
process died unexpectedly

in /var/log/maillog. Any suggestions on where to look to figure out
what's causing this?  I don't see that error at all in the past 4
weeks of logs in production.

Thanks
Rick

Rick Steeves
http://www.sinister.net

In reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within
a man than a secure future -  Alexander Supertramp