[Dovecot] Thunderbird very slow startup, 1.2.11, mbox, postfix local delivery to /var/mail

Fri May 7 19:58:57 EEST 2010

On 2010-05-07 11:44 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> That said, I've made a number of about:config changes in Firefox, which,
> IIRC, shares config info with TB.  However, the about:config changes I've
> made to FF are all http tweaks, such as pipelining, etc, which shouldn't
> affect TB.

Actually, I seem to recall reading something somewhere that they can/do...

You might try reverting those and restarting and see if it makes any
difference...

> I do have the TB CompactHeader and Enigmail plugins installed,
> but I wouldn't think these would cause this slow header download issue, as
> they deal with display.  AFAIK they aren't in play during new message header
> downloads.

I have them both installed too, so if they are the cause, it would be in
combination with something else specific to your installation.

Sorry, I'm out of ideas... hope you can get it sorted...