[Dovecot] Thunderbird very slow startup, 1.2.11, mbox, postfix local delivery to /var/mail

Fri May 7 22:32:32 EEST 2010

On 2010-05-07 2:55 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> I did quite a bit more searching, and though I found nothing
> specifically linking GLODA to my issues, I disabled it, along with
> some likely minor other things.  For some reason it was enabled by
> default on my system even though the mozilla docs say it comes
> disabled by default.

Not sure where you read that, but as far as I know, it has always been
enabled by default. In fact there are a couple of bugs about this that
I've been very vocal on complaining about this dumb decision of theirs.

Enabling GLODA, forcing all IMAP folders to offline mode (I have 16+
IMAP accounts, and I was *furious* when I learned they stomped on all of
my settings like that) *and* enabling Sync all messages for *all* IMAP
accounts by default were extraordinarily arrogant and dumb decisions, in
my opinion (and I had no qualms with telling them so).

As far as I know, they have not changed this in any of the 3.0.x builds,
and said as much in the open bugs...