[Dovecot] dovecot/deliver ... Can't open log file /var/log/dovecot/error.log: Permission denied

Phil Howard ttiphil at gmail.com
Mon May 10 21:56:20 EEST 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 14:44, Romer Ventura <rventura at h-st.com> wrote:

> What about your postfix conf..?
> mine is set to:
> virtual_gid_maps = static:1001
> virtual_mailbox_base = /srv/mail/vmail/
> virtual_mailbox_domains = $mydomain
> virtual_mailbox_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_users.cf
> virtual_transport = dovecot
> virtual_uid_maps = static:1001

I saw conflicts in the docs for some of that and what I was doing.  What is
uid 1001 on yours? vmail?

What does Postfix do with virtual_mailbox_base ... or why should it care if
it is passing all deliverables to dovecot/deliver.  I'm not using LDAP, so
that's out.  Auth is via Dovecot, and a test to a non-existant user was
rejected as expected, so it seems the userdb lookup worked.  What does
"virtual_transport = dovecot" mean that ...

mailbox_command = /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -c
/etc/dovecot/dovecot-postfix.conf -a "${RECIPIENT}"

... does not?