[Dovecot] dovecot2beta5 lmtp

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Mon May 17 18:00:49 EEST 2010

Am 17.05.2010 16:14, schrieb Andreas Schulze:
> Hello,
>
> recently I inspected the sourcecode of the lmtp server. I searched for changes
> that would add return-path header.
> ( http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2010-February/046401.html )
>
> But I found, that all mails are spooled via files in /tmp.
> ( dovecot2/srv/lmtp/commands.c ~line 695 )
>
> has somebody experiences while delivering huge ammount of mail via
> dovecot2 lmtp service?
>  - is it faster/slower/comaparable with deliver?
>  - it's hard to believe, that nobody realy misses the return-path header
>
> Thanks,
> Andreas

not tested with much mail yet,
all features ( quota etc ) working like deliver ( so far tested )
the most interesting thing for me with lmtp
is that postfix bounces now overquota mails on smtp income stage with
lmtp, no danger for backscatter anymore ( so far small tsts results )
anyway lmtp should have better perfomance a a local prog like deliver
but thats what i guess not meassured

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer