[Dovecot] Receive Mail via lmtp/tcp

Denny Schierz linuxmail at 4lin.net
Thu May 20 10:34:41 EEST 2010

hi,

we have IMAP and SMTP (sendmail(solaris)) on different hosts. Sendmail
delivers Mails via LMTP to Cyrus and Cyrus puts the mails into the
(hopefully) right box. Now I want to replace the Cyrus host with
Dovecot.
I've searched a bit in Google but there isn't much about LMTP via TCP in
combination with DoveCot. Version 2 seems to be get the feature, but we
have round about 5k users, so beta is no choice. Also I red something
about maidag (mailutils from Gnu) that could do the Job, but maybe there
is a better way. I do not want to install Postfix (or any other SMTP
service) on that IMAP Server. So I'm asking is there anybody who has the
same construct. Important is, that Quota full etc. messages (RFC) gets
back to sendmail, so that the MTA reject the mails, before accepting.

cu denny