[Dovecot] Receive Mail via lmtp/tcp

Thu May 20 13:10:10 EEST 2010

On 2010-05-20 3:34 AM, Denny Schierz wrote:
> I've searched a bit in Google but there isn't much about LMTP via TCP
> in combination with DoveCot. Version 2 seems to be get the feature,
> but we have round about 5k users, so beta is no choice.

LMTP support is a new feature for dovecot v2, and will not be backported
to v1...

So, your best bet is to wait until 2.0 is released (or better, 2.0.1+).

> Also I red something about maidag (mailutils from Gnu) that could do
> the Job, but maybe there is a better way.

Dunno anything about that... maybe it could serve as an interim solution
until 2.0 gets to where you want it.

You didn't say what OS/distro dovecot would be running on - will it be
on solaris too?

--

Best regards,

Charles