[Dovecot] dovecot from debian lenny-backports does not accept connections

Thu May 20 21:59:12 EEST 2010

On 2010-05-20 1:58 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 16.5.2010, at 19.54, Charles Marcus wrote:
> v2.0 dovecot -n shows if lock_method was typoed. Also I find it
> strange that reloading a config wouldn't show the error.

Cool...

>> I also think it would be a good idea to report the line# in the
>> config file where the error resides (can make it much easier to
>> find the setting in a large, heavily commented config file)...

> This is unfortunately difficult. The config file is first parsed and
> only afterwards validated. It's even more problematic if the setting is
> overwritten in different places in config file..

Hmmm... postfix handles this by simply letting the last one 'win', which
seems like a reasonable way to handle that.

Any chance 2.0 could work the same way? This way I could keep all of my
settings in a separate file, and then include them in the main file, and
I'd be sure that my custom settings overrode any of the defaults.

--

Best regards,

Charles