[Dovecot] SQL Server

Bryan Vyhmeister dovecot at bsdjournal.net
Sat May 22 01:00:00 EEST 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Jerry <dovecot.user at seibercom.net> wrote:

> If you can access the Microsoft SQL Server from the machine hosting
> Dovecot, there should be no problem at all. I have used Microsoft's SQL
> sever for for several projects and it is an extremely fast and robust
> piece of software.
>
> Perhaps you could post a clearer picture of exactly what you are
> attempting to accomplish.

Sorry. I should have been more specific. I want to use SQL Server for
the userdb and password database. I looked through the wiki and did a
number of searches but could not find an answer. If I were to use
sqlite, mysql, or pgsql, these would be listed under driver = in the
dovecot-sql.conf (or whatever you want to name it). How would you go
about using SQL Server? There is no sql-server driver as far as I
know. I have and am currently using dovecot from passwd files and from
sqlite databases so I am pretty familiar with how everything works. I
am just not sure how to go about this for SQL Server. Thank you.

Bryan