[Dovecot] dovecot from debian lenny-backports does not accept connections

Sat May 22 17:04:09 EEST 2010

On 2010-05-22 4:35 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 20.5.2010, at 21.59, Charles Marcus wrote:
>> Hmmm... postfix handles this by simply letting the last one 'win', which
>> seems like a reasonable way to handle that.
>>
>> Any chance 2.0 could work the same way? This way I could keep all of my
>> settings in a separate file, and then include them in the main file, and
>> I'd be sure that my custom settings overrode any of the defaults.

> That's how Dovecot works too,

<sigh> I did test this real quick before posting, but I goofed - what I
did was add 'protocols = pop' to the bottom, where above it was
'protocols = imaps' - and of course dovecot -n barfed since it should be
pop3, not pop.

Sorry for the noise - I haven't used POP in many many years, so gloss
over anything POP related - I'm glad to see it is indeed working like
this... :)

--

Best regards,

Charles