[Dovecot] recipient_delimiter

Jerry dovecot.user at seibercom.net
Fri May 28 19:11:34 EEST 2010

On Fri, 28 May 2010 11:25:17 -0400
Phil Howard <ttiphil at gmail.com> articulated:

> My main.cf file has the comments (my own that explains why settings
> are there, not the default comments).  It is the easier to read file.
> Even then, I was also reading the postconf -n output and just didn't
> see the subtle difference (I was thinking more along the lines of
> "what else is needed").  What might be needed to avoid things like
> this is something to compare them.  Or maybe postfix giving an error
> when a conflicting setting is encountered (or is there some basis for
> always allowing settings that change previous settings).

In the Postfix "main.cf" file, the last entry wins. This is one of the
reasons to use "postconf -n" and NOT what you think the correct entry
is. The output of "postconf -n" shows what Postfix sees.

To sum it up:

Provide output from the postfinger tool. This can be found at
http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger.

If the problem is SASL related, consider including the output from the
saslfinger tool. This can be found at
http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/saslfinger/.

If the problem is about too much mail in the queue, consider including
output from the qshape tool, as described in the QSHAPE_README file.

If the problem is protocol related (connections time out, or an SMTP
server complains about syntax errors etc.) consider recording a session
with tcpdump, as described in the DEBUG_README document.

--
Jerry
Dovecot.user at seibercom.net