[Dovecot] dsync, separator, but really - Default Namespace

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Thu Oct 28 17:35:48 EEST 2010

Just made the leap from 1.2 to 2.0.6 - and several maddening config
typos I think I have a working system again!  Getting closer to
converting from maildir to mdbox, but first...

Trying to use dsync gives me:
dsync(root): Fatal: Mail locations must use the same virtual mailbox
hierarchy separator (specify separator for the default namespace)

Ok - I 've never configured namespaces before...time to learn.  So my
first attempt - is the following config the same as having no explicit
namespace declaration?:

# My Default Namespace
namespace {
   type = private