[Dovecot] dsync, separator, but really - Default Namespace

Joseba Torre joseba.torre at ehu.es
Thu Oct 28 17:43:31 EEST 2010

On Jueves 28 Octubre 2010 16:35:48 Daniel L. Miller escribió:
> Ok - I 've never configured namespaces before...time to learn.  So my
> first attempt - is the following config the same as having no explicit
> namespace declaration?:
>
> # My Default Namespace
> namespace {
>    type = private
>    separator = '.'
>    prefix =.
>    location = /var/mail/%d/%n/Maildir
>    inbox = yes
>    hidden = no
>    list = yes
>    subscriptions = yes
> }

I've just run into the same situation 1 hour ago! My namespace declaration is

namespace {
        type = private
        separator = '/'
        inbox = yes
}

(the default value for location is mail_location)

and dsync is working fine (it's slow, but it's working).

HTH
--
Joseba Torre. Vicegerencia de TICs, área de Explotación