[Dovecot] dsync, separator, but really - Default Namespace

Tobias Daucher Tobias.Daucher at nagler-company.com
Fri Oct 29 09:03:49 EEST 2010

Am 28.10.2010 16:35, schrieb Daniel L. Miller:
> Just made the leap from 1.2 to 2.0.6 - and several maddening config typos I think I have a working
> system again! Getting closer to converting from maildir to mdbox, but first...
>
> Trying to use dsync gives me:
> dsync(root): Fatal: Mail locations must use the same virtual mailbox hierarchy separator (specify
> separator for the default namespace)
>
> Ok - I 've never configured namespaces before...time to learn. So my first attempt - is the
> following config the same as having no explicit namespace declaration?:
>
> # My Default Namespace
> namespace {
> type = private
> separator = '.'
> prefix =.
> location = /var/mail/%d/%n/Maildir
> inbox = yes
> hidden = no
> list = yes
> subscriptions = yes
> }

the first thing i see is that there must not be quotes around the separator, don't know who dovecot
is working with the quotes...
the locatin needs a prefix about the format so anything like
maildir:/var/mail/%d/%n/Maildir

--

Dr. Nagler & Company GmbH
Hauptstraße 9

Tel : 09622-7197-38
Fax : 09622-7197-50
Web : http://www.nagler-company.com
E-Mail : tobias.daucher at nagler-company.com

Hauptsitz:		Schnaittenbach
Handelregister: 	Amberg HRB 4653
Gerichtsstand: 		Amberg
Steuernummer: 		201/118/51825
USt.-ID-Nummer: 	DE 273143997
Geschäftsführer: 	Dr. Martin Nagler, Dr. Dr. Karl-Kuno Kunze