[Dovecot] My "%%" variables in the namespace settings do not appear to be expanding.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Sep 2 18:52:09 EEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 16:44 +0100, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 16:34 +0100, dovecot at copeonthe.net wrote:
>
> >     %%Dn, for example, gives:
> >

> > Sep 02 16:26:01 auth: Debug: passwd-file(@23foxgrove.co.uk):
> >     lookup: user=@23foxgrove.co.uk
> >     file=/usr/local/dovecot-2.0.1/auth/passwd.dovecot
>
> Oops, you mentioned %%Dn. Yeah .. looks like there are some problems
> using modifiers there. Should be possible to get that fixed..

Now I remember. It of course needs to be able to reverse the %%Dn_%%Dd
when parsing it back to user at domain, and no such code exists (and I'm
not all that interested in adding such code).

Maybe one potential way to solve this would be to create user aliases
that don't have any dots in the usernames and do the sharing via those
names.