[Dovecot] My "%%" variables in the namespace settings do not appear to be expanding.

dovecot at copeonthe.net dovecot at copeonthe.net
Thu Sep 2 19:00:49 EEST 2010

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 16:52:09 +0100
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 16:44 +0100, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 16:34 +0100, dovecot at copeonthe.net wrote:
> >
> > >     %%Dn, for example, gives:
> > >

> > > Sep 02 16:26:01 auth: Debug: passwd-file(@23foxgrove.co.uk):
> > >     lookup: user=@23foxgrove.co.uk
> > >     file=/usr/local/dovecot-2.0.1/auth/passwd.dovecot
> >
> > Oops, you mentioned %%Dn. Yeah .. looks like there are some problems
> > using modifiers there. Should be possible to get that fixed..
>
> Now I remember. It of course needs to be able to reverse the %%Dn_%%Dd
> when parsing it back to user at domain, and no such code exists (and I'm
> not all that interested in adding such code).

   Fair enough, I don't blame you.

> Maybe one potential way to solve this would be to create user aliases
> that don't have any dots in the usernames and do the sharing via those
> names.

   It may be that I'm leading this down a track because I've already
   tried to sort this out and gone about it the wrong way.

   Essentially I have users with a dot in the name, with a namespace
   separator that is set to be a dot character also, and I'd like a
   configuration that lets them have shared folders via IMAP ACLs. Is
   there a configuration that will allow this with the current dovecot?

Kenneth

--
    Kenneth Cope
    kenneth at CopeOnThe.net