[Dovecot] \" character in folder name results in strange LIST

Samuel Kvasnica bugreports at list.ims.co.at
Sat Sep 4 00:30:01 EEST 2010

 On 08/19/2010 01:48 PM, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-08-14 at 23:36 +0200, Samuel Kvasnica wrote:
>> Well, it looks like at least Thunderbird v3.1.2 is buggy then. Are there
>> any non-buggy clients anyway ...?
> Evolution (>=2.30.2) with the imapx back end gets it right. I know this
> because I fixed it myself a few weeks ago.

Well, David, if evolution was not such an instable beast... we did few
evaluations from openSuSE10.3 up to 11.2 recently,
and it was a no-go, except for basic imap usage. As soon as more
connectors/plugins are involved, it is a nightmare.
Plus, we unfortunately want it also on Win32 Platform.
I just wish it had the plugin system of TB and so many usable plugins.
As of TB2, evolution looked more
sexy, eye-candy, compared with TB3+lightning not anymore, maybe except
for the addressbook which is rather weak in TB.

Integration with a groupware is also an important issue: few years ago,
we failed getting it work properly with scalix11, now there is no chance
to get
it work with open-xchange 6.x - and nobody cares, it seems like the
evolution development is stalled for a couple of years.

So for groupware usage in our case, there are 3 more clients left: TB
(seems to be the best), kmail (also few stability issues) and outlook
(but that one does not really work with IMAP...). One would not expect
it is in 2010 still so hard to put together a good, opensource
mail/groupware system... but we are very close now.