[Dovecot] LMTP logging configuration

Rainer Frey rainer.frey at inxmail.de
Tue Sep 7 10:23:17 EEST 2010

Hi,

I'm using Dovecot 2.0.1, and I log to a custom syslog facility (local0) in the
main configuration (I want a separate log file, but I want to make use of
rsyslogd's capabilities). I overwrite the syslog facility for LDA (mail) to
have all delivery related stuff in /var/log/mail.log, and that works fine.

I tried to do the same for LMTP with
protocol lmtp {
	syslog_facility = mail
}

but this has no effect, LMTP logs to local0. Is this supposed to work, or is
this not implemented at all? If not, is using a logfile in main config, but
syslog in lmtp supported?

Thanks
Rainer