[Dovecot] SSHA256 password too short

Osvaldo Alvarez Pozo nebano at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 12:18:09 EEST 2010

Hi all

I am upgrading  a mail system. So I installed aside a new server with
debian lenny   dovecot 1.2 from backports , postfix 2.5, mysql 5.
 I recovered the database from the actual production system with a
dump. But when i started testing I found this in my logs

Sep 13 09:45:07 auth-worker(default): Info:
sql(user at domain.tld,127.0.0.1): Password mismatch
Sep 13 09:45:07 auth-worker(default): Error:
ssha256_verify(user at domain.tld): SSHA256 password too short
Sep 13 09:45:07 auth-worker(default): Warning: Invalid OTP data in passdb
Sep 13 09:45:07 auth-worker(default): Warning: Invalid OTP data in passdb

But the same users gets connected normally  to the production system.

I use mysql as driver
and my default_schema is md5

Any ideas ??

Thanks in advance