[Dovecot] Migrating mail from mbox to maildir using dovecot

Donny Brooks dbrooks at mdah.state.ms.us
Tue Sep 14 18:51:44 EEST 2010

 I think I will have to stay with the 1.x branch since we have to stick to using approved rpm's (internal policy) and fedora 13 does not have a 2.x branch that I see yet. So maildir it is for now.

I see my error on the inbox not getting the new mail. That was one of those "all nighter" errors that I just plain missed due to lack of sleep. I forgot to point postfix to the proper place to deliver the mail.

So once I setup postfix to deliver the mail properly and the dovecot convert plugin is setup, is there a way to gradually migrate the users so I don't kill the server? We have about 220GB or so of mail between about 160+/- users. What would be the best way to migrate it all to maildir?

--

Donny B.