[Dovecot] Migrating mail from mbox to maildir using dovecot

Tue Sep 14 19:02:51 EEST 2010

On 2010-09-14 11:51 AM, Donny Brooks <dbrooks at mdah.state.ms.us> wrote:
> So once I setup postfix to deliver the mail properly and the dovecot
> convert plugin is setup, is there a way to gradually migrate the
> users so I don't kill the server? We have about 220GB or so of mail
> between about 160+/- users. What would be the best way to migrate it
> all to maildir?

I can't give you precise instructions, but from the bottom of the
Plugins wiki page:

"To enable / disable plugins per user you can make your userdb return
mail_plugins extra field. See UserDatabase/ExtraFields for examples."

http://wiki1.dovecot.org/UserDatabase/ExtraFields

So you could enable the convert plugin on a per user basis and do them
one at a time or in small groups...

--

Best regards,

Charles