[Dovecot] dovecot as exchange server?

Jacek Osiecki joshua at hybrid.pl
Wed Sep 15 15:21:31 EEST 2010

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Charles Marcus wrote:

> On 2010-09-15 7:31 AM, Jacek Osiecki <joshua at hybrid.pl> wrote:
>> Since I've got iPhone, I have noticed that IMAP mailbox support is quite
>> crippled in this device - in comparison to Exchange mailboxes...
> I'm curious what you mean. I've found the iPhone IMAP client is actually
> pretty nice, so you must be talking about NON-IMAP Exchange
> functionality? Maybe shared Contacts/Calendars?

No, something completely else ;)
With IMAP, iPhone allows you to get only 200 latest messages from each
folder - and it even does not download emails from other folders... If I
want to have FULL mirror of my IMAP mailbox on iPhone - it is impossible.
With Exchange server, you can choose "no limits" for emails.

Best regards,
--
Jacek Osiecki
joshua at ceti.pl