[Dovecot] "Documentation" link from http://www.dovecot.org/

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Sep 21 21:17:48 EEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 16:51 +0100, William Blunn wrote:

> Perhaps the "Documentation" link on the home page could be re-worked to
> something like
>
> Documentation v2.x v1.x
>
> where "v2.x" and "v1.x" are links to the two wikis.

Wonder if http://dovecot.org/index2.html looks ok.

Also I've been wondering about what to do with wiki.dovecot.org. It
would be nice if it was the same as wiki2, except there are existing
links that would break. But is that a real problem? Most links would
still stay the same.

Another possibility could be to just make wiki.dovecot.org redirect to
wiki2.dovecot.org and wiki.dovecot.org/blah/ to wiki1.dovecot.org/blah/.
Existing links would work and then wiki2 links would start showing up
more and maybe some day in future it would be easy to do wiki3. But the
problem with this is then that people who have a link to
wiki.dovecot.org could be reading obsolete information..