[Dovecot] doveadm-expunge debug message clarifications

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Sep 25 00:33:25 EEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 22:42 +0200, LEVAI Daniel wrote:
> > doveadm tries to access the expire database via the dict socket. You
> > didn't really give enough information about what user you're running
> > doveadm as or if you're using system or virtual users or..
> Sorry. I'm running that doveadm command as root, with the -u <user>
> parameter, where <user> is a virtual user.

The dict socket is opened only after root privileges are dropped, so its
permissions should have been the same as what the dropped privileges are
(i.e. accessible for the user that the imap processes are typically
running as).

> doveadm(root): Debug: Skipping module doveadm_expire_plugin, because dlopen() failed: Cannot load specified object
> 			^^^ I'm curious about this error message. Is it
> 			safe to ignore this?

I changed this now to:

Debug: Skipping module doveadm_expire_plugin, because dlopen() failed: Cannot load specified object (this is usually intentional, so just ignore this message)

> doveadm(<user>): Debug: expunge: box=sa.spam uid=6435
> doveadm(<user>): Debug: expunge: box=sa.spam uid=6436
> doveadm(<user>): Debug: expunge: box=sa.spam uid=6437
> doveadm(<user>): Debug: expunge: box=sa.spam uid=6438

It expunged these messages. So, everything is working I guess?